A new IPrA website is now available. Please check it out at http://pragmatics.international
To (re)register as an IPrA member for the first time you click ‘REGISTER’ (at the very top of the opening page), after which you are taken to a fully secure page where you will be asked, in consecutive steps,
- to choose the membership category you belong to (the categories are the same as before)
- to fill in a user name of your choice + your personal name and your family name (or, alternatively, to link through your Facebook or LinkedIn profile)
- to complete a form asking some basic information (obligatory fields indicated with an asterisk)
- to submit your data
- to proceed to a payment module (where you will get the choice between payment by credit card or to be billed)
- to add a donation, if you wish to do so, to support colleagues without access to the necessary financial means or to contribute to the John J. Gumperz Memorial Fund
When going through this process, you will receive an automated message saying that your registration has been received (with a link to your invoice), and as soon as payment has been processed (immediately when paying with a credit card, later if you make a bank transfer) another message with a link to a receipt. For your convenience, make sure to retrieve and store these documents.
Please keep in mind that membership is a requirement for submitting proposals and abstracts for the 16th International Pragmatics Conference – a process that will start soon.
Enjoy exploring the information that is already available on the site (to which an additional conference site for the next International Pragmatics Conference (Hong Kong 2019) will be added by March.
Since the site is new, no doubt improvements can and will have to be made. Suggestions are always welcome.
Online access to Pragmatics is no longer open through this website. Members are invited to (re)register on the new website as soon as possible.