A few other useful hints:
- For most interactive functions (such as conference abstract submission) you have to make use of your username (always identical to the email address you gave when becoming a member or when you last updated your profile) and the password you receive after becoming a member; you may (have) change(d) the password yourself to make it easier to remember.
- For membership renewal, only your user name is needed; if your account was disabled after the renewal deadline had passed, you will be issued a new password to be used for all other forms of interaction.
- Username is always identical to your email address (see above); so, if you use different email addresses, remember which one was put into the system.
- Passwords are case-sensitive.
- If you forgot your password, click 'Lost your password' in the left-hand column on the opening page of the website; you will then be asked to put in your e-mail address and the password will be sent there; note that the e-mail address must be the one that identifies you in the system (i.e. that is used as your user name).
- Bookmarks you made of older IPrA websites may misdirect your browser; make sure to always use
-- you may want to remember this for future use (as obviously you do not have this problem now if you can read this).
- Some universities have institution-wide network settings that block log-in; your ICT-helpdesk may be able to solve the problem; if not, you may have to use a computer outside the network (e.g. at home, in which case you should also make sure not to be 'virtually on campus' through a vpn-connection).
- Some recent versions of internet browsers seem to require a second log-in when moving from the general IPrA site to the 'CONFERENCES' pages (even after successful log-in at the general site).
[ If nothing else helps, try reinstalling your internet browser; this may restore interactive capabilities. Of course we underrstand that this may be too drastic a step, in which case we're always ready to help 'manually' if none of the above helps.]